Motorhomes provide freedom of travel, as well as comfortable conditions for sleeping, cooking and resting during your vacation. However, they are vulnerable to theft, which can be easily prevented - for example, by using high-quality anti-theft systems that guarantee ongoing monitoring of the vehicle. Thanks to this, you will be able to control the speed, fuel level and its location. In today's article, we will present the most important information about the use of theft systems and discuss one of the best solutions on the market - GanTrack Plus, enabling the technicians to prevent even the best trained RV thieves from around the world! Enjoy reading.
Why is it worth protecting a camper against theft?
Below are the advantages of securing your motorhome against theft.
Motorhomes are expensive to buy and maintain, and additionally they are often equipped with valuable items, including:
- camping equipment,
Many motorhomes are not properly secured, which makes them easier to hijack. Thieves often break locks or bypass alarm systems and thus get inside without any problem.
Motorhome owners often have no control over their vehicles when left in a parking lot or other unguarded area. Without an effective anti-theft system, owners will not be able to monitor their motorhome on an ongoing basis and react in case of theft.
The most common ways to steal motorhomes - a list
The most common ways to steal motorhomes are:
- Burglary - thieves often break the locks and enter the RV to steal valuable items. Break-ins are most common at night when the motorhome is left in the parking lot.
- Cutting the brake lines - to tow the motorhome with another vehicle.
- Arson - another way to steal a motorhome is to set the vehicle on fire in order to force the owner to leave it and allow the thief to tow it away.
- Towing on a tow truck - thieves can tow motorhomes on a tow truck, pretending to be employees of a towing company.
GanTrack Plus radio monitoring system - an innovative anti-theft solution by Gannet
The GanTrack Plus radio monitoring system is an effective anti-theft solution that enables ongoing monitoring of the vehicle and quick reaction in the event of a theft attempt.
How does the GanTrack Plus system work in a motorhome?
The GanTrack Plus system is an effective radio system for locating stolen vehicles that uses specially allocated radio bands. Thanks to this, it works even when the motorhome is hidden in the underground garage.
The system also enables interactive monitoring of the motorhome - via a web browser ( Eurofleet Website ) and from the level of the application for a phone or tablet with iOS and/or Android ( Euroflet App ).
In practice, after installing the GanTrack Plus device in the motorhome, this system communicates with the server located in the cloud via a radio signal, which allows for ongoing monitoring of the vehicle's location and receiving notifications of undesirable events.
Technical requirements of the GanTrack Plus system:
- power supply 10-32V DC,
- current consumption <50mA during operation,
- operating temperature from -20°C to +70°C,
- air humidity up to 85%.
GanTrack Plus system - advantages
Among the most popular advantages of using the GanTrack Plus system, we can mention, among others:
- Effectiveness - the GanTrack Plus system is resistant to GPS/GSM jammers commonly used by thieves.
- Ongoing monitoring - the GanTrack Plus system enables ongoing monitoring of the motorhome, thanks to which the owner can keep track of the location, speed and fuel level in the vehicle.
- Notifications - the GanTrack Plus system sends notifications to the owner in case of attempted theft, disconnection of the main power supply, disassembly of the device or loss of communication with the server.
- Europe-wide protection - The GanTrack Plus system can be located throughout Europe, allowing you to protect your motorhome as you travel across the continent.
- Easy installation - the installation of the GanTrack Plus system is simple and does not require interference with the vehicle's electronics (this guarantees ease of installation).
Promotion for the GanTrack Plus anti-theft system - check now and take advantage of the Gannet offer!
The manufacturer of the GanTrack Plus system offers a promotion for a device with assembly for customers who decide to purchase the GanTrack Plus system by the end of June 2023. With the password "WAKACJE23", each customer will receive a 10% discount on the device with assembly.
To take advantage of the promotion, enter the promo code "WAKACJE23" when placing your order. The promotion applies only to the purchase of the GanTrack Plus system with assembly.
This is a great opportunity for all motorhome owners who want to ensure the safety of their vehicle during holiday trips. By using the GanTrack Plus system and taking advantage of the promotion, you can save on the purchase of a device with assembly, and at the same time gain effective protection of the motorhome against theft.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers [Securing the motorhome against theft]
Below we present the most frequently asked questions and answers on the topic of securing the motorhome against theft.
1. What are the best ways to protect your motorhome from theft?
Among the best ways to protect the motorhome from theft, we can mention, among others: installing an alarm system, installing GPS trackers, installing anti-theft protection (e.g. steering wheel lock, padlock on the door), parking the motorhome in a guarded parking lot or in a closed garage. Another good option is to invest in the original GanTrack Plus system from Gannet. It allows you to constantly control the speed, fuel level and location.
2. What factors can affect the risk of motorhome theft?
Factors that may affect the risk of motorhome theft: parking location (e.g. places with a high crime rate), lack of an alarm system or other anti-theft protection, as well as lack of external monitoring.
3. What are the advantages of using a GPS tracker system in a motorhome?
The advantages of using a GPS tracker system in a motorhome include: the ability to track the location of the vehicle in real time, quick response to crisis situations (e.g. theft), access to the history of vehicle movement, etc.
4. What are the costs of securing the motorhome against theft?
The cost of securing a motorhome against theft depends on many factors, such as: type of security, quantity and quality of installation, brand and model of motorhome, etc. For example, the cost of installing an alarm system can range from several hundred to several thousand zlotys.
5. What are the ways to optimize the cost of securing the motorhome against theft?
Ways to optimize the costs of securing the motorhome against theft include: choosing cheaper, but equally effective solutions (e.g. padlocks can be installed on the door instead of the alarm system), comparing offers from different manufacturers and choosing the most advantageous ones, as well as taking advantage of promotions and discounts. An excellent solution that meets these criteria is to use the promotional code "WAKACJE 23" to get a 10% discount on the purchase of the GanTrack Plus system with assembly.
Enjoyed reading this article? Share it!